Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The News Since Christmas

It's been a while since we've blogged, but, No--We haven't dropped off the face of the earth. Christmas was beautiful and white, and best of all, Brian & Jenny and their kids were here!
Brian & Jenny spent Christmas Eve over at Mom & Dad's so we had just our family at home early Christmas morning. Everyone woke up early, except for Mischa. I don't think Anton was really awake either.
Finally when Mishee woke up the girls helped her go through her stocking. I think this is the 1st year she really just loved everything and could have fun with it.
All the kids had to get eachother presents and everyone in Brian and Jenny's family presents. The Dollar Store was their best friend and I don't think Brian has ever received so much chocolate!
Mike found a used snowboard at a pawn shop in Las Vegas to give Peter for Christmas--he loved it!
Can he make it without falling???
YES!!! We had snow the whole month of December and all of Christmas Day. The day after Christmas the snow melted and we've only had one more snow since then. Peter skiied for 8 hours on Christmas Day and hasn't been able to step on his board since. Bummer! Jenny & Brian had to fly back Christmas Day--also a bummer! I think they had a hard time with the snow and cold, but I'm really missing it. They just didn't stick around long enough. Like the saying here goes, "If you don't like the weather in Missouri, just stick around. It'll change." It's felt like spring here for the last two weeks--I hope the cold comes back for at least another month.
January 5th Brina turned 12--make-up, earrings, mutual and all that. The Durfees came over to celebrate and so did Mom, Dad, Sherri and Niki. That's the extent of our family here. It was a great birthday and Sabrina and I had a lot of fun on our "Day Out" together.
Just recently Brig and Mac did a wrestling tournament. Now they are in basketball and Mike is the coach (hilarious games).
Brig wrestled like a pro and went undefeated--1st place!
Mac really didn't know what he was doing and sometimes punched the kids in the face. Luckily, all parents understood about the 4-year-old thing and he didn't get kicked out. He still won 3 out of 5. I guess all that wrestling with his brothers might pay off.
Krissy's class did "A Christmas Carol" for their Christmas play. We were snowed in on the day they were supposed to perform so they got stuck doing it after the new year. Krissy's right in the middle.
She played Mrs. Cratchet--doesn't she look thrilled?
Wrestling season is almost over for Gallatin Varsity. These pictures were taken at the Grand River Conference where 15 schools participated. The above pic is of Sterling at the shot.
This is one that Sterling pinned later in the match. He did great and took 4th place in the 119lb. division.
This is Peter taking someone down--I'm not sure if he won this one or not.

But I know he won this one! Peter also got 4th place, but in the 112lb. division. This weekend we go to districts in St. Joe where 25 schools compete. I'm hoping one or both of the boys will qualify for state so we can go on to Columbia. It's fun watching them!

Last pic for right now--This past weekend was courtwarming (kind of like homecoming, except for the winter sports). Spirit week was the week before and my girls always get all into it. On this day the 6th and 8th graders were having black & white day. I'm not sure if there was anything black or white left in the house to wear. Keep blogging so we can see how your lives are--we love you!

6 comments:

kenzie said...

Hey!! First comment! These are great pics. Hopefully we can be there soon to have fun with you. Cortney said, " I wish they would come back to live with us in our house." We love you. keep taking pics. Love Miss

Danie Rae Whatcott said...

LOOK AT THOSE GIRLS....I swear it like the little Eaton Clan just younger...there getting so big. I miss all of you and think of you often.Blair says...Whats up haha love ya

Rosalyn Francis said...

I was sooo excited to see you had added some news!

I love catching up with your doins... Everyone looks so good. I am very happy for you and celebrate your influence, Collette.

Unknown said...

Ok goodto know that you are alive. love the pics of the girls, but i think that my favorite pics are the ones of the boys wrestling. i love to watch the games. good luck boys love you all and you are all getting to big! boooooo

sassy sista said...

WOW!!! I sooo wish i was thr! Looks like loads of fun, I luv you guys:)


see ya, sariah

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Love the B&W clothes! Brina's shorts are cracking me up! And all the pictures are so fun. Glad to see you guys are keeping busy and happy!