This one's name is Nitro and he's a beautiful gilding paint. He's about 6-7 years old and needs some training before we can ride him--they all need some training.
This is a pic of the mama, Hopi, in the background and Sisco, the bay, in the foreground. Sisco is the first to be trained and is doing great!
The one with the fly mask on is Scarlet. She is the sweetest thing ever and will probably be the kids favorite to ride--after she's trained.
This is Susan, of course, and her new foreign exchange student, Tonya (that's not how you spell it). She is from Norway and Susan loves having her here. We can't wait to get to know her better. Susan and Tonya came with us to pick up the horses Monday night. We picked them up for FHE with the Durfees (really couldn't have done it without them).
Joann has been training Sisco over at Dad's all week. He's responding really well and may have a rider on him in the next few days. Tomorrow is saddle-day for him. Joann is amazing and I'm so lucky she wants to help us!
Mac and Mischa have loved coming over to Grpa and Grmas every day watching Sisco's training lessons. Actually, all the kids except Peter and Sterling have to see the horses every day. I'm sure they'll get on board soon, though. They are so beautiful and fun to be around. We can't wait to ride!
Wednesday night was mutual night. I'm over the MiaMaids now and we had a tea party and learned "5 Inexpensive Beauty Tips." The girls got to dress up if they wanted and we all had a great time.
Course we had to have a crazy pic, too. What is Sheri doing?




7 comments:
"What?" was the first word I said as I read your blog. FUN, FUN, for the family. What a nice choice of actions for the Steele's. Too bad that school is in now, as they will wish that they were at home with the horses, instead of in class. But then it is great motivation for getting the homework done fast so they can get to the FUN. OX Grandma S
Those horses are amazing. I am so excited for christmas. Maybe a horse drawn christmas carroling extravaganza. I miss you all. Please call me and give me joannes # I want to thank her for the tree. Love ya jen.
omgosh i cant believe u got horses i cant wait to see them at christams time and i cant wait to see all of you i miss u oh i couldnt call u on sun i was at my sisters house till next sunday but i will try to call u when i get then chance well this psat two weeks i earnd a total 10 bucks sweet stuff well i love u all so much
Hey there Steele family,
Oh it felt so great to read your blog and catch up with your family. Though we are with you all the time so it seems weird to think that I missed so much. Your family is amazing and I just don't know where we would be without ya. Well I have got an early date with Sisco. Be afraid... Be very afraid. see ya in the morning.
Mike told us about the horses and how you want to learn to train them. Exciting! They are pretty! Hope the kids are having fun with school back in session. My girls are in heaven and so am i!
hey whts goin on hey guess wht i ply volleyball for my church and we had our first game today and we won two and lost tow but im really good so yeah its cool i will give u a call sometime when i can sry i couldnt call u last week i miss u say hi to the fam for me how is anton doing on his school hope he is doin good love u all very much bye
love sammy
Sorry I'm a loser. I never have enough time in a day. I'm going to try and set one day aside. I love seeing you all. MISS
Post a Comment