Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Last Couple Weeks of School

May is always crazy with all the birthdays and the overwhelming year-end school activities, but it's fun, too. We were all so excited for school to be out!
The three triplets. All four of my girls help baby sit these kids--now that it's summer, it's a daily occurance.
Brig in his end of the year play--The three billy goats Gruff. He made his own mask!

Kristina won overall out of the entire school for the DARE essay. The crazy thing is that Elena also won during her 6th grade year. It was a pretty big deal--the Police Chief ran it and chose the winners. She read it in front of parents and students--alot of of people were teary-eyed and came up afterward to talk to Kristina and me. I was proud of her for being so brave and reading to everyone.
In May we went to Becky Rogers baptism and Troy and Chauncey's Eagle Court of Honor. It was a beautiful, perfect day and we had a great time being with old friends. Look how handsome they are--they're growing up and will all three be on missions soon. Where does the time go?
Anton graduated from seminary this year, also. He did his last two years in just one year, thanks to the help of Brother Brickey. He was asked with two others to share some of his thoughts and his testimony at graduation. I sat shocked when he spoke as I caught a glimse of the good man that he'll be someday. Of course, by the next day he was back to the same old Anton--but I still have hope.
Krissy and Brina did the Wizard of Oz for their 6th grade play. Sabrina was Dorothy and Kristina was a narrator. They did a great job and were adorable! Of course, I'm not biased, or anything.

Afterwards they had an awards ceremony and reception. Finished with elementary and on to a new chapter. In 2 1/2 months they'll be over at the high school. No, REALLY, where does the time go?
This is a terrible picture, but I had to put Mac on here as Wee Willy Winkie. He ran upstairs and downstairs for his pre-school play. Thanks to Grandma Eaton he had a Wee Willy Winkie hat.
Mac graduated from pre-school and will be a big kindergardner next year! He'll be in all day school, which means it will be just Mish and me at home. I'm getting old--40 this year!
Last day of school. Aren't they beautiful? Anton will graduate soon--just one more test--and then we hope he'll start on his mission papers. It's finally summer, and except for the crazy softball and camp schedule, we're loving it. Mike got a new calling as a high councilor but they can't keep him away from the kids--he's over the scouting for the stake. I think he's a little overwhelmed, but I know Heavenly Father will qualify him--and me, too. Life is so good, we love our kids, and miss our family. Can't wait to see some of you this summer! Love you all so much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful memories came to me in full color. I miss the kids, the fun, the country, and you and Mike. Best of blessings to you! Love, Grandma S.

Rosalyn Francis said...

I love seeing what everyone one is doing and how they are growing up. Can it really be true how fast time goes by?