Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fun Day, Hard Day

Today was really fun because of all the activities we did, but it was also hard because of the difficulties we knew little Kanon was going thru. This morning my Amish friend, Frita Stutzman called and asked if we wanted to come over and ride. Of course, we said Yes! I took Elena, Jade and Kristina--Sabrina had play practice. While we were gone Mike and Anton got the two quads in working order for all of us to ride when family comes in to town this weekend.
Kristina felt a little hesitant at first but after one go-around was loping the horse. Elena was very nervous and scared, but was still brave and even walked the horse around by herself. I had a blast trotting and loping and didn't want to get off.
Jade is the most in love with horses out of us all. Someday we'll hopefully have one of our own.
After we rode, Frita gave us a fun ride down to her sister-in-law's house in their new "cadillac" of a carriage. It was the first time being in a real Amish carriage. We loved it!
After our ride we had to stop in Jamesport on the way home for a yummy ice cream treat at the old fashioned ice cream bar at Pastimes & Carlyles.
When I got home the quads were fixed so Mike & I went for a ride over to the other property to check on our soybean crop. It's looking good and we're hoping for the best! While we were there we went down to the stream and found a big, old mulberry tree. I ate mulberrys 'til my stomach hurt.Later that evening I took the 4 older girls to a birthday party for Josie & Alex Durfee. They spent the night and had a lot of fun.

I know I've talked a lot about my friend Joann Durfee. This is her with two of her kids, Sharlee and Jonah. We love the Durfees!

Finally, to top the night off I went to a canning class down in Kidder. We learned how to can Elderberry jelly and Kiwi/Pineapple Jam. Yum! I had a lot of fun and am excited to start storing my own homemade stuff. How I'll find the time, I do not know. Today was an eventful day for Brian, Jenny and Kanon. We prayed for them all day and wondered what would happen. He's stable now, but you might want to go to Jenny's blog for more details. We love all of you and miss you and can't wait to see you! Remember Kanon in your prayers!

4 comments:

kenzie said...

What fun Colettie! We had a good day too but not that exciting JEEEEZE! We went to Wendy's and while the kids played all day I showed her and Mom how to print your own names. So you can do that and get as many baptisms as you want for your trip. I love you!! We are going to see Jen on Sat. hopefully. We will get pics and blog them. Love you!! Miss

Aussie Sue said...

WOW! We missed out on the extra fun by a week! Next time...... can't wait to see the whole property.... miss you guys SOOOO much!!!
Love you all! Sue

amy said...

Lettie,
How fun!!!!
You guys must have had a blast learning so many new things. It must have been wierd riding the horses. Last time I rode a horse it took me 10 minuets just to get on. It was embarrasing but funny.
I love you and your all your kids. I just want you to know that everything is going to be alright with Kanon. He's in good hands no worries.
Love Amers

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Hey if you can milk a cow, make butter and raise a pig you can can your veggies for sure! I do know that canning is kind of scary. I would do it since I have tomatoes coming out of my ears but I'm scared!