Matt & Heather...
Jeff, Wendy, Garrett and Addison...
The ONE joy in the funeral was seeing people I hardly ever get to see. This pic is of me and Suzette--I've known her since birth.
Sue and I are crying, of course, but I needed a picture 'cause I don't know when I'll see her again--maybe at Christmas??
Mike arrived just in time for the start of the funeral and we're so thankful Brad could get him there on time. It was nice to have one of our kids there with us. Especially with emotions being so close to the surface, it's a comfort to have people you love around you. Brian and Jenny asked Anton to be a pallbearer. It meant a lot to us and I know Anton felt very honored.
Mike and I were lucky to be there together--barely, though. We spent less than 1/2 a day together.
Mom & Dad Steele are always present at any major event in our family. I could not ask for more wonderful in-laws--they really are great.
I hope this is appropriate, Jen. I thought it was so precious how Korbie showed so much love for his little brother. He was so concerned about him and I know they'll be great friends someday. It was just heaven-sent that Kanon could be laid to rest right beside his older brother, Kohen.
After the graveside service we had a nice luncheon from Jenny & Brian's ward. Before we left for the drive home we stopped at Gary & Sue's to say bye to their kids. Aren't they fun? Sariah was gone at a swimming party and I sure missed her!




3 comments:
I am so glad you were able to come. Someday we will all be together again. You are always there when I need you. I love you.
Jen
i feel so bad for his parents just thinking about it makes me want to cry but i know he is in a better place and in better hands (the Lords hands) well love u sam
I have to admit that this past 2 weeks has been the hardest times of my life but the most rewarding to get to have my family so close. Lettie, I am so glad that you Mike mom, and dad were able to come down here. It was so hard leaving you. I felt like I was saying goodbye and wouldn't be able to see you again. It was very hard but I am glad that we were all there for Brian and Jenny when they needed us the most. I love you so much. Maybe someday I can convince my Jason to take me out there.
I love and miss you all so much.
Love
Amers
Post a Comment