Friday, July 4, 2008

Friday: Last Day With The Steele Cousins

Today I spent most of the day out in the garden and got fried. I didn't come in until 4:00 and didn't eat anything until 4:30. It was just one of those things where you don't want to stop!
The three above pics are of things the kids had fun with today. Everyone pretty much just stayed outside because it was so nice--around 80-84 degrees. Of course, the little boys caught frogs and bugs most of the day. Peter wanted me to put his card pyramid on the blog 'cause it's the first time he's gotten it on camera. Jade took the picture of the butterfly which I think is pretty good.
At 5:00 we had Mom & Dad and Sheri & Niki and John Emerson, his mom and new girlgriend, Christy, over for 4th of July BBQ and fireworks show. The kids had a lot of fun watching the cool fireworks.
Last night together...the girls all spent the night at Sheri and Niki's house because the Steele cousins leave in the morning.
The Dads and Anton and Peter let off some amazing simultaneous fireworks!
Anton made a big bomb putting a bunch of sparklers together. He was pretty excited about it because it was so loud and big. Here he is telling us how next week he's going to make even bigger ones--I'm a little nervous. That's John and Christy off to the left.

These pictures really don't do the firework show justice. It was really great!! These were semi-pro fireworks. Gary & Sue & gang leave early tomorrow morning. We've really loved having them here and hate to see them leave. I'll be calling all the sisters on Monday--we can't wait for the next batch of family! Love you all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the fireworks pics. They are really cool. I bet sue is going to have major withdralls. Love the frogs. Show Korben how to catch them. Thanks for taking care of my babies. I love you jen.

kenzie said...

hey, how is it going? this is kenzie, i just wanted to tell you we might be coming to missouri. we have been praying about it and are waiting for and answer. i hope the answer is yes... i miss you sooooo much... see you soon.... i hope :)

heidi said...

Wow!!! cool fireworks I love them. I am jealous I didn't get to see any.

Aussie Sue said...

Jen is right! I am having major withdrawals! I keep telling people that we're moving there.... when, they ask.... that is the million dollar question.... can't wait to see you guys again.
Thanks so much for letting us share in a part of your lives. We love you so much and miss you incredibly!

Sue