Gary and Sue were in Nauvoo and Carthage Wednesday and Thursday so we were on our own. I think they had a great time even though they were re-directed many times from the flooding. You'll have to go to their website for their happenings--it's linked to mine on my family site. The news at the homefront:
Wednesday: Tried to clean and organize the house today. The girls helped me and did a pretty good job. By the end of the day, though, it was trashed again, of course. It rained, so I couldn't work in the garden. Everyone stayed home except for Anton who went to Sylvan in St. Joe. Nighttime was Mutual--it was combined and we had a lot of fun--flour ball and ultimate frisbee at the Eaton Annex. Jade invited a friend and she stayed the night afterwards. A new girl was there who is a non-member and is 16. Anton says she's the hottest girl in town. I invited her to go with us to the fireworks Thursday night. Her name is Sam Thompson.
Thursday: Worked in the garden all day--it is terrible! Tons of weeds and grass because of all this rain. It felt great to be out there, though! Took Anton and Sterling to dentist earlier in the day--no cavities! We left for the Roger's house around 3:30 and Sam came with us. Jade's friend, Molly, came too (her sister is the one who was baptized the other day). We ate at the Roger's and many of the kids went swimming in their above ground pool. Tina and Kyrie were there but the rest of the Binghams are in Eureka, CA. Jackson Beazer was also there visiting Chauncey. I got some good pics of the kids that I'll put on later. After a couple of hours we left for the Jesse James park. The fireworks were great, the weather was awesome and the kids had so much fun--I love this new July 4th tradition. I've never seen Anton flirt or show-off so much--and, of course, Peter followed suit. It was good to see him acting like a normal 17-year-old. I'll put pics on when I get them! Love you all--Talk to you SOON!
Friday, July 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Colettie, love hearing everything. I'm glad you all had an awesome fourth of July. We had a great time in the mountains on the Burke Family reunion. we haven't been in about 3 years so it was so good for all the kids. I love you!Miss
Post a Comment